You can browse our different types of Uttarakhand tour packages that we have customized just for the people who love to explore beautiful places of Uttarakhand. You can also choose anyone of these tour packages for Uttarakhand.
Uttarakhand is one of the most amazing places to head in the country and make sure that you make the most of it by heading here. The destination offers plethora of places that will keep you hooked throughout your vacations. Not only this, you can also try out Uttarakhand Tour Package and try out the different types of adventure activities to make your holidays even more blissful and memorable.
History of Uttarakhand
Popular as ‘Dev Bhoomi’, Uttarakhand is a land of the Gods and offers awe-inspiring views. The history of Uttarakhand is divided basis Garhwal and Kumaon regions. Hence, the difference of their history and culture can vary. The state is filled with several traditions dating back to ancient Hindu epics. Mythologists run deeper here than rivers in the valleys. You will have the best Uttarakhand trip ever!
Culture of Uttarakhand
Nature is a perfect remedy to balance between the monotonous lives. Garhwali and Kumaoni are quiet different when it comes to culture but the common thing what get them together is the bond of the Himalayas. Garhwal is filled with several shrines and temples and visited by many devotees every year. It is also home to the most sacred river in India – Ganga and Yamuna. Garhwal can heal every weary soul.
Famous Foods of Uttarakhand
There are many local food items that are quiet popular in Uttarakhand. The local communities of Garhwali and Kumaonis have their traditional dishes that are quiet scrumptious and full of healthy things in that. While you opt for the Uttarakhand Trip Packages, you must try out the authentic cuisines like Kafuli, Bhaang Ki Chutney, Garhwal Ka Fannah, Phaanu, Baadi, Kandalee Ka Saag, Chainsoo and Kumaoni Raita.
Best Time to opt for Uttarakhand Tour Plan
Uttarakhand is a year-rounddestination and can be visited any time of the year. Mussoorie and Nainital are some places where you will always see people flocking there. The Jim Corbett National Park extends near lower Himalayan foothills and thereby, you will experience mild winters here.
If you are an adventure soul then you can always opt for Uttarakhand holidaypackages in the months between March- April and September to October. Whether you are planning for a romantic honeymoon or a spiritual journey, there is no specific time to visit the destination. If you like winters, you can always head here at that time and as well as in summers. One season that you should visit the site is monsoon as there is are a lot of chances of landslides.
Top Tourist Places to include in Uttarakhand Tour
Apart from boasting the best picturesque views, Uttarakhand also offers a lot of blissful places where you can visit and enjoy amid the lap of nature.
Considered the one of the largest and oldest parks in India, Jim Corbett offers the tourists’ the amazing glimpse of endangered species and animals.
- Best time to visit: All year-round, except Monsoon (June to August)
- Famous for: Nature enthusiast, photographers, Excursionist’s
- Ideal days: 2 to 3 days
- How to reach: Ramnagar is the nearest railway staion while Dehradun Airport is the nearest airport. It is well connected by road and there are regular bus services from Ramnagar and Delhi.
- Things to do: Elephant rides, elephant safaris, Jeep safaris, photography, and unplanned excursions.
- Resorts: Lebua Corbett, The Den Corbett Resort, Vanghat Jungle Lodge, The Riverview Retreat, Lemon Tree Premier, Corbett.
Rishikesh is one such place that serves every age group of people like for youngsters, it provides you with plethora of adventure activities and for the elder tourists’, Rishikesh has famous shrines and temples.
- Best time to visit: All year-round destinations expect monsoon.
- Famous for: Adventure activities, temples.
- Ideal days: 3-4 days.
- How to reach: Nearest airport is in Dehradun. Trains connect both Rishikesh and Haridwar.
- Things to do: Take part in the Ganga aarti in Treveni Ghat, a holy dip in the river Ganga. Visit the ashrams in Rishikesh; go for water sports adventures in Rishikesh and trekking up in the hills.
- Resorts: Om Shivaay Inn, Shaantam Resorts and Spa, Shiv Shakti Hostel, Swiss Cottage Rishikesh, Hill Top Swiss Cottage.
You can include Almora as well in your Uttarakhand holiday packageas it isone of the best offbeat destinations in the state. Few Kms away from Ranikhet, Almora is one such destination that will allure you to the fullest.
- Best time to visit: Except monsoon, you can visit here anytime of the year.
- Famous for: Romantic couples, solo travelers, adventure folks.
- Ideal days: 3-4 days.
- How to reach: Nearest airport is Pantnagar, at a distance of 116 km away from Almora and the nearest railway station is Kathgodam 90 km away.
- Things to do: Shop for handicraft products, enjoy the natural setting, go for trekking.
- Resorts: Stars & Pines, Kasar Himalaya Holiday Home, Hotel Kausani Retreat, Jungle house homestay.
Auli is also one of the great places to visit in Uttarakhand and the best thing is that it is adjacent to the religious shrine of Badrinath and offers blissful experience. You must visit here in winters when the thick sheet of snow covers the place.
- Ideal for: Mountain lovers, friends, couples and ski enthusiasts.
- Best time to visit: April – June and November – February for snow.
- Ideal duration: 5 days.
- How to reach: The nearest airport to reach Auli is located in Dehradun. Nearest railway station is also at Dehradun located at a distance of about 6 hours from Auli.
- Things to do: Skiing – it is one of the best for snowboarding and skiing in India, mountaineering and enjoying the serenity of the beautiful place.
- Resorts: Dwarika, Barahbeesh Villa, Kanasar Ecolodge, Apple Farm Stay, Zostel Homes Kotkhai.
Just a few kms away from the urban chaos of Mussoorie, Landour is a peaceful abode of nature where you can visit. It is one of the unexplored places in Uttarakhand. If you are not into the crowded places then you ditch others places over Landour.
- Famous for: Couples and peace-seekers
- Best time to visit: Throughout the year
- Ideal duration: 2 days
- How to reach: It’s easily accessible from Mussoorie. One can take a cab from the Mall Road or can walk if you prefer walking through the cold woods.
- Things to do: Buy homemade marmalade, jam, cheese, and try their bread. At Char Dukan, do not forget to try their delicious pizzas and pancakes.
- Resorts: Castle View, La Villa Bethany, The Cliffe, Rokeby Manor.
How to get around Uttarakhand
There are two domestic airports in Uttarakhand – Jolly Grant Airport which is nestled 22 kms away from the city. You can opt for this airport if your destination lies in proximity to this airport. It has non-stop flights from cities like Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and Chennai.
Another airport is Pantnagar which serves as a gateway to hill stations like Nainital Ranikhet and Almora.
Reaching Nainital or Dehradun by rail is the cheapest and perhaps the most convenient way to visit. The nearest is Kathgodam railway station which is around 35 Kms away. There are several trains that run here from Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
One of the main reasons why people travel Uttarakhand via road is the travel through the scenic route of mountains. The Uttarakhand transport corporation runs around 1000 buses in and out of the state and you can opt anyone of them.
Things to do while you opt for Uttarakhand Tour Packages
When the tourists are in Uttarakhand, the first thing that they opt for is the camping and in most of the places, camping is done. Imagine being surrounded with greenery under the star-studded night.
- Places for camping – Rishikesh, Dehradun, Nainital, Auli.
Trekking is one of the best adventure activities that you can opt for when you are in here. There are a lot of trekking places where you can eradicate your hunger for the same.
- Places for trekking – Rishikesh, Mussoorie.
Hiking is one of the best activities that you can include in holiday packages for Uttarakhand. Summers are a great time to opt for this activity.
- Famous treks in Uttarakhand - Rupin Pass Trek, Chandrashila Trek, Roopkund Trek.
So, this was all the complete information that you need to keep in mind and make sure that you try out all these things when you opt for Uttarakhand tour packages.