Goa Tour Packages – Honeymoon Bug is providing the best Goa Packages that differ from each other and are according to the budget. You can also enjoy by opting them and enjoy to the fullest with your loved ones.
The smallest union territory of India – Goa is one of the best places to visit in India if you want to experience nightlife and nestled on the western coast of the country. Being the favorite vacation spots, Goa will make your vacations blissful. Panjim is the official capital of Goa and the largest city of Goa is Vasco.
Best Tourist Places to Visit in Your Cheap Goa Packages
There are so many places where you can head for blissful vacations in Goa. The places have been divided into South Goa and North Goa. You will feel the serenity here to the core and if you are someone who loves being surrounded by the beaches then Goa is for you only.
- What’s Special – Historical Goa
- Major attractions - Chapora Beach, Siddeshwar Temple, Vagator Beach
- Distance from City Center - 19.2 kms
Chapora Fort is one of the best places to visit in Goa. The river overlooks the town of Bardez and the fort remains the hit tourist spot for the visitors. It is also considered the best bastions in Goa.
- What’s Special – The falls almost seem like a frothy shower of milk
- Major attractions – TambdiSurla Mahadev Temple, Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary
- Distance from the center - 71.1 km
Nestled in the ever green Western Ghats, this milky cascade is settled a short drive away from Goa. The destination attracts every kind of traveler from solo to the honeymooners. The people come here from every walk of life to witness the tranquility.
- What’s Special – Amazing nightlife
- Major attractions – Tibetan Market, Snow Park, Calangute Beach
- Distance from the center - 15.7 kms
Baga Beach is one of the best places that you should add in your Goa tour packages and considered the famous beaches in the region. Here, you can try out different types of activities who are adventure seekers. This beach is full with energy and offers plethora of fun.
- What’s Special – One of the biggest churches in India
- Major attractions – Basilica of Bom Jesus, The Archeological Museum, Church and Monastery of St Augustine
- Distance from the city center - 10.8 kms
The Se Catheral in Goa is yet another best place where you can visit on your vacations and make the most of it with your loved ones. Also known as the Se Catheral de Santa Catarina, the Se Catheral is built in the memory of St. Catherine. The construction of this cathedral was started back in the 1552 and was completed in 1619.
How to Reach Goa
Considered the hub of tourist attractions and famous amongst the couples and youngsters, Goa is quiet accessible to reach from different kinds of modes of transportation as per your requirements.
The Goa has its own International airport which is known as Dabolim Airport which is around 29 km away from the capital of Goa. The Airport has a lot of domestic flights to connect to the other parts of the world. After reaching at the airport, you can surely hire a cab or a taxi to your pre-booked hotel. It is said to be one of the best ways to travel to this destination without any hassle.
If you wish to travel via train then there are some major railway stations in Goa are Madgaon and Vasco-de-Gama. Goa has been developed fully so that the people can travel easily without any problem and for the better connectivity. Once you reach at the railway station, you can hire a taxi to reach at your desired place.
Enormous state buses and travelers provide services from different parts of India to the cities of Goa. You can also opt for an AC or non AC buses according to your budget. There are two main terminuses of Goa that are Panji and Kadamba. The local transport is also quiet accessible in Goa if you do not want to burn a hole in your pocket. You can also get the motorcycle, scooty and cycle on rent for daily basis to visit the nearby places.
Must Try Local Cuisines on Your Goa Trip
When you go somewhere for vacations, you always tend to taste the local foods of that region right? And if you love enhancing your taste buds then you can also try out these scrumptious pieces of delicacies in Goa.
Goan Fish Curry
From the name itself, you might have understood this dish. The Goan fish curry is a perfect blend of mixed spices with the authentic taste of fish. It will be bit spicy but you would still love it no matter what.
Mussel Rawa Fry
Mussel Rawa Fry is all-time favourite of the local people of Goa as well as for the tourists. Deeply fried in the rawa batter, it serves several functions from the crunchy appetizers and it can also be served with alcohol. You can also have it with the green chutney and tomato ketchup. Crispy from outside and juicy from inside, Mussel Rawa fry is everyone’s favourite and you should also try out this.
The next up we have, Fish Recheado and the Recheado word means stuffed in Portuguese. If we were to explain it in a simple layman language then it is a spicy paste and fried with onions until they are golden in color and it is quiet crispy. The dish can be had with rice and salad.
Festivals of Goa That You Must Witness on Your Goa Tour Packages
Apart from boasting one of the best places, Goa also offers the festivals and fair that you can be a part of if you opt for Goa Packages.
One of the hottest and most happening festivals, Goa Carnival offers a lot of colored things in this festival. By attending this festival, you can actually get an idea about the culture of this destination. The foot-tapping music and a soul-stirring festival is what you need to get the best feeling.
- Month – February.
- Major attractions - The King Momo and his grand prize distribution ceremonies along with fancy dress parades and, red and black dances!
One of the unique festivals of Goa, Grape Escapade is also quite popular and the celebration is carried out in a huge way. This is the best Goan festival that brings wine connoisseurs of the world under one roof and a lot of people come up here at this time to savor the taste of these authentic wines from the country as well as from abroad.
- Month – January.
- Major attractions - Taste the decade-old wines and let the fashion shows, live music, and dance performances add to the merriment of the evenings at the Grape Escapade.
Goa Food and Cultural Festival
Are you someone who go places and travel to different destination to taste the food? Then this Goa food and cultural festival is just for you. You can have the Goan curries, the Portuguese Vindaloo and the Goan fish and chips. From great chefs to homemakers, everyone takes part in this festival to showcase their talent and give the scrumptious cuisines on the plate.
- Month – February
- Major attractions - Culinary artists, foodies connecting, display of various dishes
Latest Information About Travelling to Goa in COVID-19
We all know that the COVID-19 has spread across the globe now and the tourism has been opened up partially when there are not many cases in destinations. Unlike every other country, even Goa has opened its gate for the tourists for the world. But, before travelling to Goa, you need to keep some things on mind.
- Once you reach Goa, you must have AarogyaSetu app on your mobile phone.
- As per fresh standard operation procedures (Sops), the government of Goa makes it compulsory for all the tourists to get the COVID-19 test done before entering the state. The visitor will have to undergo the test and isolation period until the results come out. The whole process might take around 24 hours or so.
- Several resorts in Goa are now opened for the tourists. The Tourism Department of Goa has permitted them to allow the guests to stay with the sanitization and the hygiene.
- Bars, restaurants, gyms, spas, and massage parlors are also permitted to open for tourists with less than 50% capacity.
- Casinos in Goa are open with the government’s permission. They are told to follow all the SOPs and are allowed to open but with less than 50% capacity.
So, these were some things that you can do when you opt for Goa Trip Packages and make sure that you enjoy to the fullest with your loved ones.