Planning a trip in 2021? Well, wait no more as Honeymoon Bug has come up with different types of Kerala holiday Packages from Singapore. So, if you are coming from Singapore then you can opt for this tour package. Pick your favorite package according to your budget and requirements and enjoy the vacations with your loved ones!
Also known as the ‘God’s Own Country’, Kerala is one of the best places to visit in India and every year, a lot of globetrotters come here to explore this destination. It also houses a lot of Ayurvedic and spices and makes Kerala full of culture. The location has some beautiful backwaters and sunny beaches and rich in culinary experiences.
Sightseeing that You Must Include in Your Kerala trip from Singapore
Apart from boasting the serene views for tourists’, Kerala also offers some mesmerizing places to visit for the travelers. People come here across the globe and it also welcomes a lot of honeymooners at the same time.
First and foremost, thing that you can explore while in Kerala is the beaches. It is also said to be the most romantic destinations for honeymooners and families. You can visit the Kovalam Beach, Varkala Beach, Bekal Beach and Cherai Beach among others in Kerala.
Kerala boasts the amazing hill stations where you can head with your loved ones and make your vacations extraordinary. Munnar, Thekkady, Wayanad, Vagamon are some of the popular hill stations of the region. You can also explore the tea estates and spice plantations that are sprawled in lush greenery. Apart from this, the location also provides you with flora, fauna and waterfalls.
Kerala is amongst the most popular tourist’s spots in Kerala that showcases the ancient past of the region. The Jewish Stnagogue, Dutch Place, Fort Kochi, Thalassery Fort, Padmanbhapuram Palace, Palakkad Fort and Rock Cut temples are some of the amazing historical places that you can head to know the cultural things.
To experience Kerala in the indigenous form, opting for houseboats in Kerala backwaters is one of the best ways to explore it to the fullest. You will be witnessing calm surroundings flanked by the lush greenery. The operators offer Kerala houseboats packages with a lot of amenities attached to it in order to make your vacation more blissful.
Adventure Activities in Kerala for Singaporean
If you are an adventure junkie and want to explore Kerala to the fullest then you can opt for trekking here. Kerala has several trekking spots like Kolukkumalai Trek, Meesapulimala Peak Trek, Chembra Peak Trek, Illikkalkallu Trek and Lion Tailed Macaque Trek.
There are a lot of tourists who like to play with water and look for the water sports activities then Kerala is the perfect spot for you. The state offers ample of activities like Bamboo Rafting in Periyar, Kayaking in Alleppey, Parasailing in Kovalam, Water Skiing in Kochi, Catamaran Ride in Kochi and Bamboo Rafting in Wayanad.
Things to do in Kerala for Singaporeans
To make your vacations to Kerala more amazing, we have some of the best things that you can opt for apart from visiting the places.
There are a lot of Ayurvedic Resorts that Kerala boast and you can also opt for this service and make your vacations free from stress. The professionals will give you a nice massage and help you rejuvenate your mind body and soul. There are several healing centers and wellness resorts that offer such treatments for national as well as the International tourists.
Taste the Local Cuisines
If you are someone who travel the world to taste the different cuisines then you should hit Kerala once in your life time. The state offers tons of authentic dishes, a great mix of Malabar food, seafood and the indigenous dishes of the state like Puttu and KadalaCurry, Prawn Curry, Beef, Kerala Parota, Idiyappam among others.
Witness the Local Dance
Kathakali, Kalaripayattu and Thirayattam are the native dance forms and martial arts of Kerala and they are preserved cultural symbols of the state. The performers use native instruments and tools and performed in the temples and cultural centers in the state.
You will not see a lot of this Oxen or Bull racing culture in India but if you are a fan of this race then Kerala is your destination. It is considered fun as it depicts the strength of the men who race against the bulls.
Explore Tea and Coffee Plantations
A lot of people love visiting the refreshing coffee and tea gardens to Kerala because of the lush greenery that it provides. These gardens showcase the greenery at its best. Cochin, Periyar and Munnar are some of the best tea and coffee plantations in the state where you can unwind yourself!
The Kerala Tourism will never disappoint you as it provides you with one of the most native experiences in the state. Tree climbing is an enthralling activity that you can opt for an extraordinary vacation.
How to Reach Kerala from Singapore
There are enormous ways to reach Kerala by flight from Singapore like Air India, Singapore Airlines, Indigo, and Air Asia between Singapore. You would get some direct flights from Singapore and would take around 6-9 hours. You reach the state via four ways through the flight.
- Singapore to Kochi: Direct flights from Singapore to Kochi, 6-7 hours.
- Singapore to Thiruvananthapuram: You can get the direct flight from Singapore to Thiruvananthapuram and would take about more than 8 hours.
- Singapore to Kannur: There are numerous connecting flights from Singapore Changi to Kannur which will take around 13 hours.
- Singapore to Kozhikode: Direct flights from Singapore to Kozhikode and takes about 8 hours to reach Kerala.
Facts About Singaporean Tourists in Kerala
There are some facts about the tourists who are coming from Singapore to Kerala. The below mentioned points will give you a lot of information.
- Kerala is quiet common destination to visit for Singaporeans.
- As per the Kerala Tourism Department, the total Singaporeans who arrived in Kerala in 2017 were 8% higher than the previous year.
- Around 12 thousand people from Singapore have visited the place so far since 2017.
- The country is one of the top-most countries from which e-visa applications are furnished and about 14000 applications from Singapore have been received by Indian consulate between Jan-June 2017.
- Most of the Singaporeans visit Kerala as it is the native of the former place which makes it an ideal destination for them.
Things to Remember While Travelling to Kerala from Singapore
- Carry all the documents – Passport, Visa, ID Proofs, Vaccination details, Religion conversion certification among others.
- Gadgets–Camera, Smartphone, Power Banks, a universal adaptor, flashlights etc.
- Currency – Cash is required at most places / Digital Payments are also accepted but only at few locations.
- Clothes – Dhoti or saree as it is compulsory in most temples in Kerala. You can also cover up your hair with Duppatta.
So, we hope that this travel guide for Kerala tour packages from Singapore have been useful for you and follow these things to make your vacations more blissful.