Offering lot information about the culture and vibrant tradition, Rajasthan is one of the best places to visit in the country. There are so many Places to visit in Rajasthan that showcases the royalty and battle-scarred forts along with the breath-taking sand dunes. The location is a blissful place where you will witness the large Indian houses along with the many royal ruins that will tell you a lot about the bygone era of the region.
Dotted with several royal forts and palaces, these are among the Best places to visit in Rajasthan that you must explore. If you haven’t been here then it is the high time that you should take a tour to this beautiful state.
List of the 10 Best Tourist Places of Rajasthan
We have made your things quiet easy for you to identify the Beautiful places to Rajasthan to visit. The below list has every possible places of the region.
Jaisalmer – The Golden City
Located in the heart of Thar Desert, Jaisalmer is one of the Best places in Rajasthan that you should visit when in this state. The destination is also known as the ‘Golden City’ and offers the magnificent forts, palaces and sun-soaked sand dunes. The city has got its name after the great ruler of the place – Maharaja Jaisal Singh.
- Nearest Airport – Jodhpur Airport which is around 284.6 km.
- Places to visit in Jaisalmer – Jaisalmer Fort, Sam sand dunes, Gadisagar Lake, Tanot Mata Temple.
- Things to do – Attend the Desert festival of Jaisalmer in January – February, take a camel safari to the Sam sand dunes, visit Longewala border.
- Specialty – Jain Temples, Sand dunes and Desert festivals.
- Best resorts to stay – Fort Rajwada Jaisalmer, Suryagarh Jaisalmer Rajasthan, Hotel Jaisalkot, Sujan, Jaisalmer Marriott Resort & Spa, Hotel Rang Mahal. Must Read – Resorts in Jaisalmer
- Best Tour – 3 Nights 4 Days Jaisalmer Tour Package
Must Read – Best Places to Visit in Jaisalmer in 2 Days
Jaipur – The Pink City
Also known as the ‘Pink City’, Jaipur is said to be one of the major tourist spots in Rajasthan. It is the largest amongst all the cities in the region and was founded by the ruler of that time – Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh back in 1727. A lot of people flock here because it is in great proximity to Delhi and its nearby areas so people come here for a perfect weekend getaway. Drenched in historic past and heritage monuments, the city has a lot to offer to the visitors coming here. Jaipur is the perfect marvel to be at.
- Nearest Airport – Sanganer airport which is around 12.0 km.
- Places to visit in Jaipur – City Palace, Amber Fort and Palace, Jantar Mantar Observatory, Birla Mandir.
- Things to do – Go for a wildlife safari, shop for Rajasthani crafts, textiles, and gems
- Specialty – Havelis, forts, shopping markets
- Best resorts to stay – Madhav Guest House, Hathroi Palace, Ikaki Niwas, Rawla Rawatstar, Jaipur Friendly Villa, Rajputana Guest House.
- Best Tour Plan – 5 Nights 6 Days Golden Triangle Tour
Jodhpur – Witness the Royalty
Next destination that you should add in your itinerary is Jodhpur. Here, you will witness the royalty same as that you get to see in Jaipur or in Jaisalmer. There are several forts, palaces and temples that will keep you hooked throughout your vacations. You will see travelers from every corners of the world to see the traditions. It is also known as the ‘Blue City’ because most of the houses are painted in the blue color.
- Nearest Airport – Jodhpur Airport which is around 9.6 km.
- Places to visit in Jodhpur – Mehrangarh Fort, the Umaid Bhawan Palace, the Mandore Gardens, the Jaswant Thada, the Kalyana Lake, and Garden, the Ghanta Ghar, Sardar Samand Lake and Masuria Hills
- Things to do – Visit the palaces; Mehrangarh fort can’t be missed
- Specialty – Palaces and forts
- Best resorts to stay – Mihir Garh, Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace, Rohetgarh, Hari Mahal, Indana Palace, Park Plaza.
- Best Tour Plan – 4 Nights 5 Days Jaipur Jodhpur Tour
Udaipur – The City of Lakes
Looking for one of the mesmerizing Tourist attractions in Rajasthan? Well, you can pay a visit to the most iconic place – Udaipur. In the earlier times, the destination used to be the capital of Kingdom of Mewar. Famously known as the ‘City of Lakes’, Udaipur is a beautiful place to visit in Rajasthan. It is largely visited by the people in winters and summers to unveil its colorful history and rich traditions.
- Nearest Airport – Maharana Pratap Airport which is about 20.0 km
- Places to visit in Udaipur – The Vintage Car Museum, Sajjangarh Fort, City Palace, Lake Pichola.
- Things to do – Boating at Lake Pichola, visiting the palaces, visiting Kumbhalgarh fort, photography
- Specialty – Lakes, palaces
- Best resorts to stay – Little Prince Heritage Home, Hill Top Cottage, Advent Guest House, Udai Haveli Guest House, Nandini Paying Guest House.
- Best Tour Plan – 3 Nights 4 Days Udaipur Tour Package
Mount Abu takes pride in being the one and only Hill Station in Rajasthan. It is a true paradise for the people who want to escape from the mundane life and get into the serenity. Mount Abu is nestled in the Aravalli Mountain Range at the border of Rajasthan and Gujarat. It is a year-round destination and also considered a great pilgrimage spot for many tourists.
- Nearest Airport – Udaipur airport which is around 176.0 km
- Places to visit in Mount Abu – Dilwara Jain Temples, Nakki Lake, Peace Park, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, and more
- Things to do – Boating in Nakki Lake, trekking to Guru Shikhar, camping at Aravali, bird watching at Trevors Tank, wildlife sighting at Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary
- Specialty – Waterfalls and Jain Temples
- Best resorts to stay – Palace Hotel, Cama Rajput Club Resort, Ratan Villas, The Colonial Manek Manor, and Hotel Hilltone.
- Best Tour Plan – 8 Nights 9 Days Royal Rajasthan Tour
Alwar – A Place for History Fanatics
Formerly known as Ulwar, the city of Alwar was founded by the Rajput ruler Pratap Singh back in the year of 1770. A lot of history buffs end up coming here to know the ancient past of the city. This destination is said to have been taking participation in the several wars and military engagements. Alwar is also known as haunted because of the Bhangarh Fort.
- Nearest Airport – Sanganer Airport which is about 162.8 km
- Places to visit in Alwar – Bhangarh fort, Sariska Tiger reserve, Pandupol, Karni Mata temple
- Things to do – Visit Bhangarh fort and explore the haunted
- Specialty – Royal forts and palaces
- Best resorts to stay – Lemon Tree Hotel, Dadhikar Fort Hotel, Neemrana Fort Palace Hotel, GenX Aravalli, Burja Haveli Hotel.
Bikaner – Dotted with Temples and Forts
Bikaner is also one of the best Places to visit in Rajasthan where you should head and with time, this destination has also gained a lot of popularity amongst the tourists. The location was founded by Rao Bhika and the Nehra Jats. It is flooded with the temples, forts and majestic palaces and quiet known for its Camel festival also which is celebrated in between January- February.
- Nearest Airport – Jodhpur Airport which is around 248.6 km away.
- Places to visit in Alwar – Junagarh Fort, Lalgarh Palace, Karni Mata Temple, Laxmi Niwas Palace, Laxmi Nath Temple, Bikaner Camel Festival
- Things to do – Attend the Bikaner Camel fest, buy some Usta and Chadwa artifacts and handicrafts.
- Specialty – Majestic forts and palaces
- Best resorts to stay – Narendra Bhawan, Hotel Raj Vilas Palace, Gajner Palace, Laxmi Niwas Palace, and Heritage Resort.
Ajmer – Famous for the Dargah Sharif
Famously known for the pious Dargah Sharif – Ajmer is one of the most under-rated places in Rajasthan where people do not go much. But, with time, it is also getting popular amongst the people. The destination is the 5th largest city of Rajasthan and is surrounded by the Aravalli range and the Naag Pathar range.
- Nearest Airport – Sanganer Airport is about 140.1 km away.
- Places to visit in Ajmer – Dargah Sharif, Ana Sagar Lake, Naag Pathar ranges
- Things to do – Attend Qawwali at Dargah Sharif, offer chadar to the grave of Sufi saint
- Specialty – Dargah Sharif
- Best resorts to stay – Hotel New Jannat, The Royal Melange Ajmer Hotel, Hotel Sahil, Hotel Moon Star, and Hotel Plaza Inn.
Pushkar – Depicts the Colorful Traditions
Next destination that you can add in your vacations to Rajasthan is Pushkar which showcases the colorful traditions of the state. The holy city has been known for its Camel fair from a long time now and people love witnessing this festival a lot. Pushkar also comprises of rare Brahma Temple and is an important pilgrimage center for many spiritual visitors.
- Nearest Airport – Sanganer Airport which is about 154.3 km away from Pushkar.
- Places to visit in Pushkar – The world famous camel fair, the serene Pushkar lake, and Meerabai Temple
- Things to do – Boating in the lake, photography at the fair
- Specialty – Camel Fair
- Best resorts to stay – Hotel Brahma Horizon, Pushkar Bagh, Bhanwar Singh Palace, Hotel Sun Set Cafe, and Hotel Master Paradise.
- Best Tour Plan – 3 Nights 4 Days Jaipur Ajmer & Pushkar Tour
Chittorgarh – The Birthplace of Historical Monuments
Chittorgarh is also one of the sought-after destinations which is the Place to visit in Rajasthan. The location was founded by the Maurya dynasty in 734 AD. The city has been the birthplace for many historical figures including Maharana Pratap and Meera Bai. Chittorgarh is nestled on the banks of river Berach and has several heritage forts, monuments. It is also one of the most unexplored places in Rajasthan by the tourists’.
- Nearest Airport – Udaipur Airport which is around 119.3 km away.
- Places to visit in Chittorgarh – Chittorgarh fort, Rana Kumbha’s palace, Fateh Prakash Palace, Rani Padmini’s palace, Kumbhaswamini temple, Kirti Stambh
- Things to do – Listen to the folk tales from the villagers, relish authentic Rajasthani cuisine
- Specialty – Chittorgarh fort, palaces and temples
- Best resorts to stay – Hotel Royal Inn, Padmavati Lake Resort, Palette – Amrit Manthan, Hotel Meera, and Hotel Pratap Palace.
Bharatpur – Peaceful Abode
Bharatpur is also one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan which lets you witness the serenity of the place. Tucked away in the Braj region of the Indian state of Rajasthan, this city has been divided into 50 wards and is perched at an elevation of about 600 ft. above the sea level. This destination is a home to several flora and fauna that you will see in the Keoladeo National Park.
- Nearest Airport – Delhi International Airport which is about 208.3 km
- Places to visit in Bharatpur – Bharatpur Palace and Museum, Keoladeo National Park, Lohagarh Fort, Deeg, and more
- Things to do – Go birdwatching at Keoladeo, explore the palaces, have a picnic near Kakund River
- Specialty – Keoladeo National Park
- Best resorts to stay – The Birder’s Inn, The Bagh, Shiv Vilas Palace, Hotel The Raj Palace, Laxmi Vilas Palace.
So, make sure that you visit these best Places to visit in Rajasthan with your loved ones and enjoy your vacations to the fullest. If you ever head here, do not forget to book Rajasthan Honeymoon Package with Honeymoon Bug.
Related Content – Best Honeymoon Places in Rajasthan
Frequently Asked Questions About Rajasthan Tourist Places
What are the best places to see in Rajasthan?
Rajasthan offers several places to see for the tourists’ like Jaipur, Udaipur, Bikaner, Pushkar, and Jodhpur among others.
How far is Rajasthan from Delhi?
Rajasthan is about 270 Kms away from the capital of India – Delhi and takes around five hours to reach at the desired destination in Jaipur.
How many deserts are there in Rajasthan?
The Thar Desert covers around 70% of the area of Rajasthan and embraces the districts of Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Bikaner.
What is Rajasthan famous for?
The state of Rajasthan does not only reflect the rich tradition but also offers the large amount of heritage monuments and places to know the past.