If you aim for the best holiday destination that is geographically beautiful, adventurous, and romantic at the same time, then you must know that there is no shortage of best places to visit in India in summer to inspire every type of traveler. Most of them are affordable, go slow spots that other tourists haven’t discovered and considered yet!
And here at Honeymoon Bug, we always have our eyes on such best summer destinations in India. Take a look! Get inspired by most of them! And thanks to us later, for sorting your doubts regarding what are the best places to visit in India in summer (May, June, July).
Top 14 Best Places to Visit in India in Summer (May, June, July)
Dalhousie is an effortless blend of snow-capped mountains at the backdrops and is the perfect summer escape place in Himachal Pradesh. Mainly known for its adventure sports, and providing stunning natural vistas, Dalhousie is positioned in the Himalayan range of Dhauladhar mountains and geographically located in Chamba district. Apart from its breath-taking beauty, Dalhousie is renowned for its salubrious climate, colonial-era buildings, and scenic strolling trails. If you are looking for advanced information on the best summer getaway in India, you must consider Dalhousie.
Places to Visit & Things to Do –
- Enjoy romance in India’s Own Switzerland, Khajjiar is almost the same in appeal to Switzerland. It has green meadows, tall pine trees, and one renowned lake where you can make an idyllic break and take jaw-dropping photos without the use of filters.
- Enjoy boating, fishing adventure at Chamera Lake.
- Nature lovers and adventure lovers, bookmark Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary in your Dalhousie visit to spot the rarest of rare flora and fauna including Barking Goral, langur, jackal, Himalayan Black Marten.
- Purchase some artifacts and decorative material at the Tibetian Handicraft Center.
- Unlock phenomenal valley views and feel the high at Dainkund Peak, approx 10 km from Dalhousie.
- Go for paragliding and let alpine forests, snow-capped peaks be the backdrops.
How to Reach –
By Bus: Board the bus from Kashmiri Gate if you’re a Delhizen and sit back relax on your seat for 12-14 hours to reach Dalhousie.
By Car: Find the right travel partners, set your road trip track, and drive off for approx 560 km to reach Dalhousie from the NCR.
Flight: Pathankot is the nearest Airport to Dalhousie, which is strategically located at a distance of 75 km away from Dalhousie.
2. Leh Ladakh
Residing at the top of India, Ladakh is situated in the Himalayas and is a long stretch of cold desert devoid of vegetation. It’s the erstwhile Buddhist Kingdom and is considered amongst the most adventurous summer tourist places in India for the thrill-seekers. Mountain biking, trekking expedition are few of the adventure sports in Ladakh. Also, the place is home to many ancient monasteries, which draws thousands of tourists to fly to Ladakh every year.
Place to Visit and Things to Do –
- Ride the bike on Khardung La Pass, the most thrilling mountain pass in India. Khardung Las is every biker’s dream.
- Camp at the mystical Pangong Lake, which is surrounded by the bone-dry mountains. Make sure; you have a bonfire as the millions of stars will be playing a whole new story above your head.
- Ride on the camel’s back at Nubra Valley. You can pitch your own tent or camp here in Nubra to enjoy staying under the millions of stars. Make sure to visit Hunder Gompa in Nubra Valley!
- You will find this sacred Gurudwara – Pathar Sahib on the route to Leh. It’s a lesser-explored Ladakh attractions, but a visit to Pathar Sahib Gurdwara will recharge your mind, body, and soul. Hear the interesting tales of this holy place.
How to Reach –
By Flight: You can board a flight from in and around the NCR region to Kushok Bakula Airport in Ladakh.
By Bike/Car: Reaching Ladakh by bike or car is itself and experience. You have two routes to arrive at Ladakh from NCR. One is from Srinagar to Leh in which you have to cover approx 434 km distance while soaking the best of mother nature’s creation.
The second route is Manali-Leh, which is approx 490 km.
3. Kullu Manali
Positioned in the Kullu Valley surrounded amidst the mountains of Pir Panjal ranges of the glorious Himalayas, Manali, the most admired honeymoon place for couples. It has lush green landscapes, snow-capped peaks, and winters here does the magic to the couples. Nights are chilly, and Manali has a myriad of adventure sports to set your pulse racing.
Places to Visit in Manali & Things to Do in Manali –
- Pick parachuting, zorbing, paragliding, skiing, and much more in Solang Valley.
- Take a dip in the hot sulfur springs of Vashisht Temple and cure your diseases like sugar, body pain, skin allergies.
- Unlock rich, stunning views of the glorious Himalayan peaks at Kasol. You can begin your trekking in the Kasol by embarking on Kheerganga trek, Sar Pass Trek, and Pin Parvati trek. Kasol is the mecca for youths and Israelis.
- A visit to Parvati River will reward you with mesmerizing views of the magnificent Parvati Valley and its neighboring lush green forests. You can Kayak and raft the rapids of Parvati River. Make sure that you opt for the camping activity on the banks of the Parvati River to make your Kasol visit a mileage.
How to Reach –
By Air: Fly to Bhuntar Airport from Delhi and Chandigarh, which is approx 50 km from Manali.
By Road: Delhizens have to drive approx 540 km to reach Manali. However, the state bus from the NCR region runs frequently.
The capital of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla is the most sorted destination in May in India because Shimla welcomes honeymooners with its pleasant climate even in the scorching May heat. You could make your sweetheart to this beautiful hill station, which is tucked in Himalayan foothills. From imperial buildings to shopping markets to small trekking trails, Shimla has romantic things to do in abundance with your sweetheart.
HOW TO REACH – NCR to Shimla is approximately 350 km away from each other. Pick a road trip or go to Shimla on a state bus.
Things to do in Shimla
Seek blessings at the Jakhu Temple – the Giant Hanuman Ji Statue
Enjoy a relaxing retreat in the serenity of Shailay Peak
Don’t miss to attend the Shimla Summer Festival to indulge in unique colors and traditions
Shop til you drop at the Lakkar Bazar and take romantic strolls in the evening at Mall Road
STAY AT – Snow Valley Resort, The Oberoi Cecil, Shilon Resort.
Picture perfect landscapes, scenic valleys, charming lakes are few adjectives to describe why Kashmir is called the heaven on earth. The great Mughal Emperor – Jahangir, the powerful ruler of Kashmir in the 1700s, had found that its paradise on earth. Now in the 21st century, millions of tourist’s flocks to this heaven every year. Such is the enigma of Kashmir that it has now become the best place for a summer vacation in India, and reasons are amazing!
Places to Visit & Things to Do in Kashmir –
- A Shikara Ride is all about asking your boatman to take you for the ride across the scenic Dal Lake. The activity is one of the best things to do in Kashmir since it gives pleasure to the mind and soul. With no smoke and sound of vehicles, no high-pitched angry crowds, you will enjoy breaking the surface of waters and touching the cold water in the lake.
- The Gondola Cable Car Ride is a rewarding activity to do in Kashmir in summers. It will give you the chance to marvel at the spectacular views of the snow-covered mountains.
How to Reach –
By Flight: We suggest you travel to Kashmir only by air and land at the Srinagar International Airport. The Airport is well connected with the flights that start at Delhi, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Bangalore, Mumbai, and more!
Strategically located approx 260 km from each other Ooty & Kodaikanal are the two gems hill stations in south India and ranks top as the cheapest places to visit in summer in India. Both Kodaikanal & Ooty are known for their breathtaking inherent beauty, tea plantations, lush green environs.
Suggested Tour Plan – Ooty & Kodaikanal Tour Package
Ooty Attractions –
Botanical Garden: Ooty Botanical Garden has the largest number of roses in India, which makes it worth visit Otty sightseeing.
Otty Lake: Pay your visit to this artificial lake in Otty and enjoy the scenic views in every direction. You can also perform boating and have a peaceful time with your family or soulmate.
Camp at Tea Gardens: Treat yourself to the nature walk and enjoy bonfires along with building memories. Indulge in camping revel at the Tea Gardens and get access to plenty of other activities.
How to Reach –
Coimbatore Airport is the nearest Airport in Otty, distance approx 90 km.
Kodaikanal Attractions –
Green Valley View: This place will give you a bird’s eye view of the Vaigai Dam, and Green Valley View is also the best place to devour the mystical green landscapes and pristine valley and lofty mountains.
Canopy Hill: Get to visit this place and enjoy a grand show of nature with birds chirping in the background. You will spot that the peaks of the mountain is blanketed with green grass, and the clouds above you and soothing to witness. The trek is approx 15 km and takes you through the dense Western Ghat forests.
How to Reach –
Locate the nearest Airport in Madurai, which is approx 120 km from Kodaikanal.
From rafting to paragliding to waterfalls and pristine lakes, the capital town of Sikkim, Gangtok, is amongst the cheap places to visit in summer in India. If you intend a northeast escape, then make Gangtok your base camp for holidays!
Suggested Tour – Gangtok Tour Packages
Things to Do & Places to Visit in Gangtok in May, June, July
- Enjoy Yak Safari Ride at Tsomgo Lake.
- Seek divine blessings at the most famous Buddhist monastery in Gangtok, Rumtek Monastery.
- Get to see the magnificent sunset and sunrise at the Tashi View Point. It’s also the place to marvel at the clear views of the Kanchenjunga mountains.
How to Reach –
By Air – Board flight from Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Ahmedabad to reach Bagdogra Airport, which is approx 130 km from Gangtok.
By Rail: New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is the nearest rail stop, which is 148 km.
The Mecca of Tea, Darjeeling, is the paradise hill station located approx 98 km from Gangtok. Best known for taking the romantic strolls amidst the manicured tea gardens, Darjeeling is famous for its toy train rides, trekking trails, most important, it offers views of the Kanchenjunga peak from its sunset point – Tiger Hill. If you are seeking ultimate solace in the lap of nature, book your trip to this quality summer tourist place in India.
Things to Do & Places to Visit in Summer (May, June, July) –
- Drive up to Tiger Hill to enjoy the blessed views of the sun rising over the breathtaking snow-covered Himalayan mountains.
- Enjoy the lush green beauty and scenic views outside the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. It’s the same train where Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore romanced in the song – Mere Sapno Ki Rani Kab Aayegi Tu!
- Shop till you drop at the Darjeeling Mall Road and purchase souvenirs like handicrafts, clothes, and much more!
How to Reach Comfortably –
By Air – Bagdogra Airport is the nearest one to Darjeeling, which is separated at a distance of approx 67 km.
Renowned by the name of Little Tibet, Dharamshala is the residence of the Dalai Lama and thus has strong Tibetian cultural influence. It features Dhauladhar Ranges and deodar forests in the background. A visit to Dharamshala is all about camping, trekking, exploring notorious Buddhist monasteries, and stretched scenic landscape beauty.
Also Read – 10 Best Places to Visit in Dharamshala
Things to Do & Places to Visit in May, June, July-
- Visit the Dharamshala Cricket Stadium, which is positioned at the height of approx 1,457 mt. You will get to enjoy the panoramic views of the nearby mountain ranges along with spotting the orangy-red sunset.
- Embrace Tibetan-style architecture and seek divine blessings at the Namgyal Monastery.
- Spend some evening time amidst the Bhagsunag Waterfalls and hear the sparkling cascade of milky white waters.
- Unlock awe-inspiring history and marvelous heritage at Kangra Fort. It’s one of the largest forts in the Himalayas.
Nainital is a postcard-perfect hill station located in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. It was once the summer retreat for the British invaders during the time they ruled India. The major center of attraction in Nainital is pristine Naini Lake. Nainital offers beautiful landscape views of the hills and is listed amongst the best hill stations in India by international tourists. From temples to viewpoints, Nainital is action-packed with plenty of thrills.
Suggested Trip Plan – 4 Nights 5 Days Nainital Corbett Tour
Things to Do & Places to Visit in Summer Season (May, June, July) –
- Indulge in boating at the Naini Lake and click selfies safely!
- Unfold the breathtaking bird’s eye perspective of the town from Naina Peak. From long strolls to hiking a small trek, Naina Peak will offer you fresh air to breathe.
- Witness the spellbinding views of the glorious Himalayas at Snow View Point.
- Pack your food and head to Tiffin Top to soak the 360 degrees views of Nainital.
- Be a shopping spree at the Mall Road adjacent to Naini Lake.
How to Reach –
By Flight: Fly to Pantnagar Airport from the major Indian cities. The Airport is located approximately 60 km from Nainital.
By Train: Delhizens can board the train from Delhi and arrive at Kathgodam Railway Station. Take a cab service to reach Nainital from Kathgodam, which is approx 36 km.
By Road: One can easily plan their trip to Nainital from the NCR region since Delhi is distanced at approx 300 km.
When it comes to the best places to visit in India in summer, Mussoorie never fails to staple its name in the list. It’s a super famous weekend destination for the north Indians, as well as backpackers and honeymooners. From luxurious romantic hotels to dense forests of deodar and cedars, Mussoorie is known for its rivers and pristine waterfalls, ancient temples. Head to Mussoorie to unlock enchanting views of the spectacular Himalayas.
Best Tour Plan – Rishikesh Mussoorie Tour Package
Things to Do & Places to Visit in May, June, July Month –
- Spend some quiet and romantic moments with your soulmate while boating at the Mussoorie Lake.
- Take a peaceful and long walk in the lap of nature and watch the sunrise or sunset at the Camel’s Back Road.
- Take a bath under the most prominent waterfalls in Uttarakhand, Kempty Falls.
How to Reach –
By Air: Take a flight from Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai to Jolly Grant in Dehradun, which is the nearest Airport and is distanced at 57 km from Mussoorie.
By Train: Arrive at Dehradun Railway Station, which is around 36 km from Mussoorie.
By Road: Enjoy the excellent Delhi to Mussoorie road connectivity. Delhi to Mussoorie is separated at a distance of approx 290 km.
For unlocking peaceful experience, divine aura, and tranquility of nature, switch to Haridwar, which is approx 220 km from Delhi. Your visit to Haridwar will tell why it is called the “Gateway to God.” Haridwar is one of the seven holiest cities in India, and also the oldest living cities. It is located on the foothills of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand. The place is particularly renowned amongst the Hindu pilgrims who visit Haridwar to take a dip in the sacred Ganges, and attend the enthralling Ganga Aarti Ceremony!
Things to Do & Places to Visit in Summer Season –
- Seek divine blessings from the goddess Mansa Devi at the Mansa Devi Temple. Reach there either by trekking or ropeway ride.
- Explore the Holy Ghat – Har Ki Pauri and take a dip in the river to wash your sins.
- Indulge in a peaceful holiday experience by visiting the Sapt Rishi Ashram.
- Spot flora and fauna at Rajaji National Park on a day trip.
How to Reach –
By Air – The nearest Airport in Haridwar is in Dehradun, which is approx 56 km.
By Train: You can arrive holy Haridwar via train, which is approx 220 km from NCR.
By Road: Road distance to reach Haridwar from Delhi is around 220 km.
Advice – If you go 40 km outside Haridwar, you will discover the ‘Yoga Capital of India,’ Rishikesh is situated. You can perform meditation, yoga, and learn about the aspects of Hinduism in different Ashrams. Rishikesh is one of the best places to visit in India in summer for relaxing and unwinding.
13. Mount Abu
Known for its comfortable climate, Mount Abu is the only hill station in Rajasthan, which remains action-packed with international tourists. Surrounded by Aravali Mountain Ranges, Mount Abu is a jewel place, and that is known to become the finest summer vacation place in India. From boating to sunset points, from trekking, camping to fort exploration, there is no shortage of things to do in Mount Abu.
Things to Do & Places to Visit in May, June, July –
- Soak the breathtaking sunset view at the Sunset Point.
- Indulge in boating at Nakki Lake.
- Go on wildlife hopping at Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary.
How to Reach –
Nearest Airport to reach Mt Abu is in Udaipur, which is approx 208 km.
To reach from the rail head to Abu Road, which is around 30 km from Mount Abu.
Delhi to Mount Abu is approx 760 km.
How about honeymooning in Scotland without actually going to it? YES!! You can do this on your India tour package if you book flight tickets to Coorg. Located in the Karnataka, south India, Coorg is labelled as Scotland of India in Bollywood movies too! And for honeymooners, it’s the unexplored mecca of romance. From trekking to the stretch of the lush greenery, Coorg is the display of picture-perfect romantic summer destination. Luxurious spas, comfy eateries, and the national park will keep you busy on your May vacation in Coorg!
WHERE TO STAY – Evolve Back, Coorg, Heritage Resort, Coorg
MUST DO FOR COUPLES –
Hunt the beautiful valley views from the mountains
Weave romantic talks amidst the Abbey Waterfalls and Iruppu Falls
Taste different types of coffee produced in the Coog on a coffee plantation tour
Pristine lakes, breath-taking Himalayas, thrilling wildlife, and surreal landscapes – these best places to visit in India in Summer (May, June, July) in 2021 will set your mood whether you intend to take India tour packages with your family our soulmate.
Related Articles –