Though the North-east is not promoted as a tourist destination; but it is one of the most romantic destinations in India. It’s the destination where you and your partner can start and lead a lovely life. The gem of India, North-East is unique with its misty mountains and drizzling spells. The charm of Khangchendzonga, refreshing Brahmaputra River, and lush green tea gardens, all come together to make it a perfect romantic getaway.
Choose your favourite from this list of most romantic honeymoon places in North East India and their key-attractions:
List of Best Honeymoon Places in North East India
Darjeeling: Carpeted with tea-estates
Famed across the world for vastly spread tea gardens, Darjeeling tops in the most popular honeymoon places in North East India. Whether you and your partner stroll through the tea gardens or trek to the Tiger Hill, Darjeeling has all to capture romantic memories to look back at.
Famous attractions for honeymooners
- Lush green tea gardens and Glenburn Tea Estates
- Witness the sunrise on your early morning walk to Tiger Hill. This is one of the most popular places to visit in Darjeeling.
- Batasia Loop – the helical railway track with stunning garden
- Don’t forget to take romantic ride on Toy Train
Kalimpong: A paradise between Darjeeling & Gangtok
Situated gorgeously between Darjeeling & Gangtok, Kalimpong is one of the most exotic destinations in North-East India. You two can have lovely time between the stunning hills and verdant meadows.
Famous Attractions for Honeymooners
- Durpin Dara Hill: The second highest peak of Kalimpong
- Pineview Nursery & University Nursery: both have vibrant orchids & cacti
Romantic resorts or hotels to stay in Kalimpong
- Luxury Option: The Elgin Silver Oaks
- Mid-range options: Park Hotel and Barsana Resort & Spa
Guwahati: The most romantic & largest city in Assam
Situated on the banks of Brahmaputra River, Guwahati is the largest and wonderful city in Assam. Here, he honeymooners find luxury at its best that they can avail various facilities as well as nature’s offerings. The place comes in one of the most romantic honeymoon places in North-East India.
Famous attractions for Honeymooners
- Take romantic boat ride on Brahmaputra River
- Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary Visit, where you can have the sights of one-horned Rhinos and Indian Elephants
- Also, visit the fresh water lake of Dipor Bill where you can spot exotic birds
Shillong: Famed as Scotland of the East
When you are planning your honeymoon in North-East, don’t forget to consider the Scotland of the East – Shillong. The capital of abode of floating clouds, Meghalaya, Shillong unroll the colonial charm; hence the city has been named the Scotland of the East.
Famous attractions for Honeymooners
- Visit milky watered waterfalls such as Elephant Falls & Nohkalikai Falls
- Stroll by the beautiful Umiam Lake
- Best Tour Plan – 3 Nights 4 Days Shillong Tour Package
Best time to visit:
October to March is the most appropriate time when the weather remains cool and pleasant in the plains of North-East and the rains don’t bother you very much.
Briefly but deeply explained, above are the best honeymoon places in north east India. For more romantic destinations, log on to www.honeymoonbug.com and book your northeast India Honeymoon Packages at most affordable rates. Or you can directly reach us at 09650880125 and ask all your travel related queries from our travelling experts.
Also Read –
- 10 Best Hill Stations in North East India
- 6 Most Romantic Sunset Points In North East
- Offbeat Destinations in North East India