In winters, you plan a lot to visit several places in India and if you are someone who are looking for a vacation then you can discover these Places to visit in Uttarakhand in November. In winters, a lot of people come here for a blissful vacation. The destination, Uttarakhand is a place full of nature and bounty of serene views that will never going to let you down.
So, we have complied some of the Best places to visit in Uttarakhand in November to make your work quiet easier for you!
8 Best Tourist Places to see in Uttarakhand in November 2022
If you are still wondering where to go in November in winters then you can always head to these beautiful places to make your vacations more happening.
A favorite skiing destination and one of the best Places to visit in Uttarakhand in November, Auli is a blissful site where you can grab the exciting winter activities. Of all the snow place in Uttarakhand, Auli is one of the most visited as it offers plethora of adventure activities. It is considered one of the best things in Auli. Perched at a height of around 2500 to 3050 mts above the sea level and which is why you can witness a lot of beautiful views. The mesmerizing Himlayan peaks – Nanda Devi, Kamet, Mana Parvat, and Dunagiri makes Auli an ideal place in Uttarakhand.
- How to reach
- By Air – Jolly Grant Airport which is around 279 Km away from Auli.
- By Railway – Nearest Railway station is Raiwala near Rishikesh which is about 250Km away.
- By road – Buses only regularly between Joshimath and Rishikesh.
- Things to do – Skiing, trekking, gondola rides, and camping.
- Tourist places – Dwarika, Barahbeesh Villa, Kanasar Ecolodge, Apple Farm Stay.
Changing with seasons, terrain, and the time of the day, Jim Corbett National Park is one of the top-rated places to visit in November month. The destination is divided into the different zones and tourists can decide which zone to visit based on their interests. Dhikala is the largest and is known for its vast grasslands, Durgadevi, and Sonanadi keep them hooked throughout their vacations.
- How to reach
- By air – Pantnagar Airport is the nearest Airport.
- By Rail – Ramnagar Railway Station would be the closest which is around 12Km away from the destination.
- By Road – Buses still Ramnagar are available from Dehradun, Nainital, Rishikesh and Kathgodam.
- Things to do – Jeep safaris, elephant rides, unplanned excursions, wildlife photography, and bonfire nights.
- Places to visit – Lebua Corbett, Vanghat Jungle Lodge, The Riverview Retreat, and The Den Corbett Resort.
Must Read – Best Places to Visit in Uttarakhand in December
Another one of the most amazing Places to see in Uttarakhand in November is Ranikhet which is few Kms away from Ramnagar. The destination is quiet famous for couples and also for the families who want to escape from the chaotic world of cities. Most of the people visit here in winters as you could see a thick sheet of snow here covering all the roads and making your vacations even more blissful. You can also indulge yourself into several adventure sports activities and other local sightseeing.
- How to reach
- By Air – Pantnagar Airport which is around 110 Km away from the destination.
- By Rail – Kathgodam Railway Station is the nearest. You can hire a cab or a taxi to reach to your hotel.
- By Road – There are regular buses that run till Kathgodam and are easily available throughout Uttarakhand.
- Things to do – Paragliding, local sightseeing, and taking long walks.
- Tourist spots – Him Darshan Vatika, Elation Guest House & Musafir cafe, Hostie Sharanam – Mountain Villa, Hostie Raga – blissful mountain.
Relatively discovered, Khirsu is one of the destinations that is not explored by many of the globetrotters when they hit Uttarakhand. The location reflects the old world charm and is considered the prime destinations. Nestled in the Pauri Garhwal district in between Oak, Deodar, and Apple Orchards, Khirsu is an ideal site to head in winters and also known as the romantic getaway.
- How to reach
- By Air – Jolly Grant Airport is one of the closest and is around 145 Km away from Khirsu.
- By Train – Kotdwar, Rishikesh are the two nearest Railway stations.
- By Road – Khirsu is well-connected with from Kotdwar, Devprayag, New Tehri, and Rudraprayag.
- Things to do – Basking in the sun, walking amidst lush greenery, and photography.
- Tourist places – Rishikesh Stay1, Hotel Hillson, IvyTop Resort, Riverside Resorts, Hotel Govind, and The Jayalgarh.
Munsiyari is one of the top-notch Places in Uttarakhand to visit in November. Located in the Pithoragarh district, Munsiyari is the base of the Himalayan mountain range. It is a popular among high altitude trekkers and adventure enthusiasts. The diverse Flora and Fauna, the green meadows and majestic mountains covered with snow will surely make your heart skip a beat. The weather here at this time is amazing and you would see things covered with snow all around. So, those who love snow, they can surely head here. Munsiyari should be in your bucket-list no matter how far it is and this location is highly recommended as this has started gaining popularity amongst the tourists’.
- How to reach
- By Air – Pantnagar Airport is one of the best for you if heading to Munsiyari.
- By Train – Kathgodam which is around 275 Kms away from the destination.
- By Road – Direct buses till Almora, Pithoragarh, and Chaukori are available. After getting down there, you can hire a cab or a taxi.
- Things to do – Camping, trekking, skiing, snowboarding, and photography.
- Tourist places – Hotel Laxmi Lodge, People Flowers, HimStay, Thakur Homestay Munsyari.
A few Km away from Ranikhet come Almora. Ideal for family vacation and also for the honeymooners, Almora is among the key winter tourist place. If you visit Ranikhet then your whole trip would be considered incomplete. The winter sunshine pouring through thin mountain air, coupled with the colonial architecture, adds to the charm of this traditional, old town.
- How to reach
- By Air – Pantnagar Airport which is around 125 Km away from Almora.
- By Train – Kathgodam is the nearest Railway Station.
- By Road – Buses are available from Kathgodam, Nainital, Haldwani and Delhi.
- Things to do – Local sightseeing, shopping, backpacking, and temple hopping.
- Tourist places – Stars & Pines, Kasar Himalaya Holiday Home, Hotel Kausani Retreat, Home Stay in Uttarakhand, Jungle house homestay.
Also Read – Top 12 Camping Sites in Uttarakhand
When talking about Uttarakhand, how can we forget Rishikesh? The town of Rishikesh is on everyone’s list, including the nature’s lovers and also for the adventure lovers. A lot of people come here in winters as the temperature is quiet less here. Apart from exploring the various adventure activities, you can also visit temples and seek into spirituality. You can also rejuvenate yourself into the yoga as Rishikesh is one of the top yoga centers across the globe.
- How to reach
- By Air – Jolly Grant Airport is one of the nearest.
- By Train – The Railway Station is nestled to Rishikesh is around 25 Kms away.
- By Road – The town of Rishikesh is well connected with major cities.
- Things to do – river rafting, camping, hiking, bungee jumping
- Tourist spots – Laxman Jhula, Ram Jhula, Beatles Cafe, Parmarth Niketan Ashram, Triveni Ghat.
One of the most popular places in Uttarakhand where a lot of people head in winters is none other than Nainital. It is also a famous gateway for the couples as well as for the family vacationers. What attracts people in Nainital in winters is its serenity and since it is in great proximity to Delhi and other major areas, the tourists flock here quiet often for a weekend getaway. November is the perfect time to witness the snow and treat yourself with a comfortable winter staycation here. If you come here in this month then you also get to see famous Uttarani festival or Kale Kaua Festival that showcases the rich culture of Uttarakhand.
- How to reach
- By Air – The nearest Airport from Nainital is Delhi Airport. After deboarding the flight, you can get a cab or taxi to reach Nainital. It will take around 5-6 hours.
- By Train – Kathgodam Railway Station is one of the closest from Nainital. The railway station is at a distance of 34 Kms.
- By Road – The town of Nainital is well-connected with themajor roads of Delhi and other locations in India. There are also regular buses that run till Nainital.
- Things to do – Sightseeing, enjoying snow, participate in festivals.
- Tourist spots – Nainital Lake, Tiffin Top, Snow view.
- Best Tour Plan – 3 Nights 4 Days Nainital Honeymoon Package
A backpacker’s dream, winter in Uttarakhand is so breath-taking. So, now that you have read about all the important Places to visit in Uttarakhand in November, you can choose anyone of them and enjoy your vacations in winters accordingly. Do not forget to carry warm clothes with you!
Uttarakhand Tour Packages from Your Cities
Frequently Asked Questions About Tourist Places in Uttarakhand in November
Is November a good time to visit Uttarakhand?
The state of Uttarakhand has wonderful weather all through the year, but November month experience the winter months. The winter season starts in November and the temperature drops significantly. November in Uttarakhand presents a beautiful landscape covered with snow and chilly air. Trekking, Paragliding, and wildlife spotting in Jim Corbett National Park are some of the activities you can do in the month of November.
Does it snow in Uttarakhand in November?
Yes, you get a lot of snow in November in Uttarakhand. During the winter season, which starts in November, the state of Uttarakhand looks most scenic as it snows in many places and the temperature mostly varies from 0°C and 15°C. Additionally, the weather during November is chilly and snowfall is quite obvious, so make sure you carry enough woolen clothes with you.
Does it rain in Uttarakhand in November?
The average minimum temperature in Uttarakhand in November is between 8-15°C. Since November is a dry month with an average of 23mm of rain, so you can expect no or very little rain in Uttarakhand in November. If you plan to visit Uttarakhand in November, we suggest you review the 10-day weather forecast for Uttarakhand before arriving.
What should I wear in Uttarakhand in November?
Since the month of November is very chilly in Uttarakhand, so make sure you carry enough woolen with you. Though the days are generally sunny and bright in hills, so you won’t need much layering but the nights can get chilly. So carry a thick jacket, warm socks, gloves, muffler, scrap, and extra thermal sets, with you. Also, carry dark UV sunglasses and some plastic bags in case your clothes get wet.
Which is the coolest place in Uttarakhand?
Auli is touted to be one of the coolest places in the destination which is why most of the people visit here.
What are the places in Uttarakhand to visit in November?
Some of the most beautiful tourist places you can visit in Uttarakhand in November: 1. Rishikesh 2. Dhanaulti 3. Nainital 4. Haridwar 5. Jim Corbett 6. Chakrata 7. Dhanaulti 8. Lansdowne, 9. Chopta, 10. Ranikhet
Is it safe to travel to these places during pandemic?
Yes, Uttarakhand is welcoming all travelers during pandemic and it is safe for visiting. Do carry your face masks and sanitizers and make sure that you are following social distancing.