India is the land of many diverse cultures and languages and is full of surprises to the fullest. You can include the best places in your India tour packages from Australia. If you are someone who is always want to explore the spiritual side of the region then these places would be way more beautiful that you can ever think.
We have listed down below some of the places to visit in India if ever opt for the India tours from Australia.
Top Places to Include In Indian Holiday Packages from Australia
Also known as the ‘Pink City’ Jaipur is one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan and you must include this colorful place to your India vacation packages from Australia. Jaipur is always flooded by the tourists to seek into the serenity and to explore it to the fullest. The Jaipur has a lot to offer to the globetrotters and keep them hooked.
- Historical facts: The city was founded by the great ancient ruler - Maharaja Sawai Jai Sing II back in 1727.
- Places to visit: Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, Sheesh Mahal.
Famous as the ‘Blue City of Rajasthan’, Jodhpur will surely lure you to the core. There exists a massive hill fort called the Mehrangarh Fort. It is called the blue city as every other house is painted in blue color and the interiors will transfer you back to the golden era.
- Historical facts: The name Jodhpur has been kept after the ruler of Marwar Kingdom - Rao Jodha who founded the city back in the 1459.
- Places to visit: Jaswant Thada, Mehrangarh Fort, Mandore Garden, and Balsamand Lake.
The City of Lakes - Udaipur is said to be one of the most amazing places that you must cover up in your India trip from Australia. It is also called as the ‘Venice of the East’ and the different Rajasthani hues make it bit different from others. The place also offers a close look to the heritage sites and you can also book your stay at the heritage hotels to enjoy your vacations.
- Historical facts: The City Palace of Udaipur was built by Maharana Udai Singh II in the year 1553 and it is a huge complex of palaces.
- Places to visit: Sajjangarh Fort, The City Palace, Vintage Car Museum, and Lake Pichola.
Nestled amid the vast Thar Desert, Jaisalmer is one of the top notch destinations in Rajasthan that you must head to. Jaisalmer will bring you a perfect vibe that no other place can bring to you. With the rich palaces and cultural sites, the famous stories about the past will take away your breath. It is also called as the ‘Golden City’.
- Historical facts: Maharaj Jaisal Rawal who was the founder of this city in 12th century.
- Places to visit: Gadisar Lake, Sand Dunes.
Without a shadow of a doubt, Goa is amongst the top-rated destination to visit in India. If you want to experience something energetic or amazing then you must head here. For a blasting night life, a variety of booze and beaches will surely make your heart skip a beat. Goa will make your vacations mesmerizing hassle-free.
- Historical facts: Kadambas ruled Goa for around more than three hundred years and several temples were built under their rule.
- Places to visit: Anjuna Beach, St. Xavier’s Church, and Temple of Bodgeshwar.
Haridwar is considered one of the sacred places in Indiaand a lot of people from international and within the country flock here to seek into the serenity. The famous Kumbh Mela is also carried out here and several Sadhu’s turn up here to attend the Mela. If you want to know more the culture of India then you must experience it by adding it to your India holiday packages from Australia.
- Historical facts: It is said that, in order to provide salvation to the ancestors of the King Bhagirath brought the river Ganga from heaven to earth.
- It is said that Lord Vishnu left his footprints on the stone that is nestled on the upper wall of Har Ki Pauri.
- Places to visit: Har Ki Pauri, Mansa Devi Temple, Chandi Devi Temple, Chilla Range.
Renowned as the ‘Yoga capital of the world’, Rishikesh is probably the only place that offers something or the other to all age groups. If you love adventure then you can go and try river rafting and bumjee jumping activities. Apart from that, Rishikesh is also provides the perfect spiritual vibes as it is dotted with several temples. You must include this destination to your India tour packages from Australia.
- Historical facts: Gorkha Kings ruled the whole region from 1804 to 1815. The East India Company came here after 1815.
- Places to visit: Laxman Jhula, Ram Jhula, Triveni Ghat.
Haridwar, meaning ‘Gateway to God’, is one of the seven holiest places in India where a lot of devotees head. This destination is also nestled on the banks of river Ganga. Haridwar comprises a lot of temples, ashrams, ghats and is said to be the top-rated destinations as a Hindu Pilgrims. Here you can see Indian culture closely if you include this in your India vacation packages from Australia.
- Historical facts: Lord Rama’s younger brother - Bharat has performed penance here.
- Places to visit: Kankhal, Maya Devi Temple, Shantikunj.
Perched at an altitude of 2084 mts above the sea level, Nainital is one of the best places where you can head in Uttarakhand. The gleaming city is also known as ‘Lake District of India’ is amongst the popular tourist spot for domestic as well as the international travelers. This is owing to the wide range of sights and tourists’ places that a lot of people get attracted towards.
- Historical facts: The Raj Bhawan was built for the Governor of United Provinces.
- Place to visit: Eco Cave Garden, Naini Lake, Naina Devi Temple, Mall Road.
The perfect twinkling landscape, panoramic mountains in the backdrop makes Mussoorie an ideal place to add in your India tour packages from Australia. It will surely keep you away from the summer blues and the quaint hill station will feed you with some of the best views and blistering heat.
- Historical facts: Due to the colonial rule, the place has a tradition of Brewing and has one of the oldest brewing factories known as ‘Old Brewery’ established by Sir Henry Bohle.
- Places to visit: Kempty Fall, Lal Tibba, Gun Hill Point and Company Garden.
No trip is complete if you visit South India without heading to Kochi. The destination is the true essence of Kerala and would tell you a lot about the culture and everything else. Popularly known as the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’, Kochi was a significant trading center for spices back in the 14th century. The location offers a lot to make your vacations amazing. There is no dearth of tourists’ attractions in Kochi.
- Historical facts: St. Francis Church is said to be one of the oldest churches in the region that was established by the Portuguese rulers.
- Places to visit: Mattancherry Palace, Hill Palace, Fort Kochi.
Located in God’s Own Country in the most picturesque settings, Munnar is another best place to visit in South India where the largest tea estates are there. You can include this destination in your India tour packages from Australia. Resting in the elevation of over 1,500 mts will allow you to witness the awe-inspiring scenes that you must be craving for. The lovely hues of blue skies with snow-clad mountains and greenery will take you closer to nature.
- Historical facts: The first Britisher who visited here was the Duke of Wellington in 1790 during the colonial period.
- Places to visit: Kundala Lake, Top Station, Rose Garden, and TATA Tea Museum.
For the wild lovers, Thekkady is one of the perfect destinations where you can visit without any doubt. The location also offers pleasant weather and breath-taking vistas to make your vacations more exciting. The exotic wildlife sanctuary attracts a lot of tourists’ from across the globe and if you are booking your India vacation packages from Australia then you must visit this one.
- Historical facts: The Thekkady was under the rule of Pandyas who ruled till 12th century here.
- Places to visit: Periyar National Park, Thekkady Lake, Abrahm’s Spice Garden.
Also known as ‘Venice of the East’, Alleppey is also yet another place where you can make the most of it. Alleppey is also known for the backwaters and mesmerizing views and pristine beaches. The temples and ancient sightseeing all you need to explore if you are a history enthusiastic.
- Places to visit: Marari Beach, Karumadi, Pandavan Rock.
Kovalam is an internationally acclaimed beach destination and is one of the most important tourists’ spot in Kerala. Most of the time, the globetrotters turn up here because of the beautiful three crescent beaches. Nestled by Arabian Sea, this splendid destination is also famous for the coconut trees. Kovalam also provides the people with various leisure options in the vicinity.
- Places to visit: Hawah Beach, The German Bakery, Neyyar Dam.
The National capital - Delhi is first and foremost destination to cover up in the Golden Triangle Tour. You should opt for this tour while you book the Holiday packages from UK to Indiaand explore Delhi to the most. The city will surely going to tell you a lot about the ancient times of Mughals, Tughluq, Mauryan and Sultanates. Delhi is also a hub of corporate offices, commerce, and entertainment among others.
- Historical facts: The city was planned in the British colonial era with ancient architecture.
- Places to visit: Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, Chandni Chowk.
When planning to visit Agra, the most common mistake people make is to just head to historic monument, Taj Mahal. The destination offers a lot of tourists’ spots that is perfect for pitstop. Agra is very under-rated places in India and you must visit here to seek into the serenity.
- Historical facts: Taj Mahal was built by the great ruler Shah Jahan for his beloved late wife Mumtaz.
- Places to visit: Taj Mahal, Taj Museum, Mehtab Bagh.
Popular as the ‘Pink City’, Jaipur is an ideal place to include in India tour packages from Australia. From the royal palaces to the magnificent forts, the location offers a perfect blend of modern and old world charm. Apart from this, the city also tells us the heritage and ancient past about. There are some of the heritage hotels that were palaces before and now have converted into hotels.
- Historical facts: Maharaja Sawai Singh II founded the Jaipur city in 1727.
- Places to visit: Rambagh Palace, Amar Jawan Jyoti, Choki Dhani, Suvarna Mahal.
Blessed with many panoramic views, Srinagar is one such destination that attracts a lot of tourists’. You must include this location in your India trip from Australia as you can admire the pristine lakes, beautiful gardens and awe-inspiring views. The backdrop of Himalayan view makes the place worth watching and will surprise you to the fullest.
- Historical facts: Srinagar was founded by the Ashoka Emperor not by the Jahangir III.
- Places to visit: Dal Lake, Mughal Gardens, Pari Mahal.
Also known as ‘Meadows of Flowers’, Gulmarg presents a complete bloom-shower in the summer season with mesmerizing flowers like blue bells and daisies. The hill station is also well-known for the skiing in winters and a lot of people head here for the same. More than in summers, the tourists’s like to visit here in winters to seek in the serenity.
- Historical facts: Gulmarg was named by the Sultan of Chak Dynasty in 16th Century. It was a summer capital for Emperor Jahangir.
- Places to visit: Gulmarg Golf Course, Alpather Lake.
Pahalgam is one of the most famous and most visited places in Jammu and Kashmir. The destination is a must-added in your India vacation packages from Australia. The place offers a lot of adventure activities to indulge into. Other than that, Pahalgam is also famous to offer you a plethora of breath-taking views.
- Historical facts: In the Medieval times, Pahalgam was ruled by the Mughal rulers.
- Places to visit: Aru Valley, Mamleshwar Temple, and Golf Course.
Sonmarg is also called ‘Meadow of Gold’ nestled in Jammu and Kashmir. The hill station in the Kashmir Valley is surrounded by the lush greenery. Perched at an altitude of around 2800 mts, Sonmarg offers majestic glacier, green meadows along with the snow-capped mountains. If you are adventure enthusiasts, you can also try your hands into these.
- Historical facts: Almost 2000 years ago, the Sonmarg was under the rule of King Pravarasena.
- Places to visit: Amarnath cave, Baltal, Krishansar Lake, Gangabal Lake.
Also the perfect hub for the corporate offices and filled with other major facilities of modern times, Bangalore is one of the best places. The destination also offers a lot about the history of the ancient times that you can also explore on your Holiday packages from Australia to India. You must come here for a new experience.
- Historical facts: The Palace in the center was built back in the 1791
- Places to visit: Lal Bagh Botanical Garden, Bangalore Palace, Wonderla.
Mysore is also one of the places that depict the rich culture of the region and you would get an idea about the same by looking at the sights. You will find yourself in the ancient era and bygone era of Kings and Maharajas. Get your camera ready for the attractions as they are such a great piece of master work that you would want to capture them all.
- Historical facts: The famous Krishnaraja Wadiyar IV is well known to have started the development process in Mysore in the year of 1900s. At present, it is the second biggest city in Karnataka after Bangalore.
- Places to visit: Mysore Palace, Jagmohan Mahal, Shuka Vana.
Situated in between the Gokarna beaches, Hubli is also the sought-after destinations to explore in South India. It is an offbeat place and you will not see much crowd here and the place is also an ideal for all the history fanatics and for those who are always curious to know the past of the place. You should definitely include Hubli to your India vacation packages from Australia.
- Historical facts: The destination was under the rule of several dynasties like Mughals and British for several years.
- Places to visit: Gayatri Tapovan, St. Joseph Church, Vittal Temple.
Located on the banks of River Tungabhadra, Hampi is one of the oldest cities of ancient times in India that you must add in your India holiday packages from Australia. You will witness a lot of ancient attractions and major sightseeing in the region. You will get the ruins of Vijaynagara Empire and plays an important role in getting to know the past. It is well-known archeological destination in the country.
- Historical facts: Hampi was under the rule of Ashokan Kingdom in the 3rd Century.
- Places to visit: Queen’s Bath, Riverside Ruins, Kamal Mahal.
One of the major hill stations of South India, Coorg is said to be the prettiest places across the country. You can also head here if you are tired of the mountains of North India. The lush greenery and jaw-dropping views will surely going to make your vacations blissful. The quaint hamlet is visited by many tourists from Bangalore and other nearby places for a weekend getaway. It is also called the mini ‘Scotland of India’.
- Historical facts: Coorg was under the rule of several dynasties like Kadambas, Gangas, Chalukyas, Cholas, Rastrakutas, Hoyasalas, Vijayanagara Kingdom and the native Haleri.
- Places to visit: Gaddige Tomb, Nalknad Palace, Talakaveri Temple.
Being one of the hubs for IT, Chennai is one of the perfect destinations that you must head to if you avail India tour packages from Australia. It is also an educational center of South India and pays a way for other businesses also to flourish. The bustling city has a lot of places to visit and you can also explore the beautiful monuments.
- Historical facts: Parthasarathi Temple is one of the oldest temples which was built in 8th century by Pallava Kings.
- Places to visit: Government Museum, Guindy National Park, Marundeeswarar Temple.
Nestled in Kacheepuram district, Mahabalipuram is another place that you can visit without having any hassle. It is considered as one of the oldest cities in the country. This destination is also listed in the UNESCO Heritage World Site for its historic things and authenticity.
- Historical facts: India was the first port town during the 1st century AD and has been ruled by the Pallava dynasty.
- Places to visit: Arjuna’s Penance, Cave Temples, Shore Temple, Alamparai Fort.
Around 67 km away from Mahabalipuram resides Kanchipuram which is a weekend getaway location for the people in Chennai. You can surely include this site in your India holiday packages from Australia. You can make the most of your vacations with your loved ones. The location is one of the oldest cities of India where you will witness a lot about the past.
- Historical facts: In the 2nd century, the place was the capital of Chola dynasty.
- Places to visit: Kanchi Kudil, Kailasanathar Temple, Varadaraja Temple.
Situated on the banks of River Vagai, Madurai is an ancient city of India in the Tamil Nadu state. The destinations witness the rich culture and hold a lot of significance of religion. There are a lot of architectural works that will make your remind of the culture of that time. With a wide range of sightseeing, Madurai offers a lot of scenic environment.
- Historical facts: Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple is one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Places to visit: Meenakshi Amman Temple, Gandhi Memorial Muesum.
Trichy is an important city in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The full name of the city is Tiruchirappalli. It is said to be the fourth largest city in the state after Chennai, Coimbatore and Madurai. The place also denotes a lot about the history of the past.
- Historical facts: The town was part of Chola Kingdom back in the past.
- Places to visit: Rock Fort Temple, Kallanai Dam, Rock-cut Temple.
Kanyakumari which is the best place that you can add in your India tour packages from Australia. The destinations are a confluence of three water bodies and also a perfect blend of cultures. The location allures you to the core and is a tourist spot for all year around. Blessed with mesmerizing temples, the site also offers historical monuments and serenity.
- Historical facts: Kanyakumari Temple which is known as Bhagavathy Amman Temple dates back to 3000 years back.
- Places to visit: Vivekanand Rock Memorial, Gandhi Mandapam, Vattakotai Fort, Sunset View Point.
- Historical facts: Rameshwaram comprises of around 12 Jyotirlingas which symbolizes the Supreme Hindu God, Shiva. The temple draped in the area of 15 acres.
- Places to visit: Adam’s Bridge, Hanuman Temple, Lakshmana Theertham.
Kumbakonam is one of the sought-after places that will keep you hooked throughout your vacations. You can surely include this location in your India vacation packages from Australia. It is an enchanting site that is in between two running rivers. The small town is nestled in the Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu.
- Historical facts: The Kumbakonam was under the rule of several dynasties like Cholas, Pallavas, Medieval Cholas, Later Cholas, Pandyas, the Vijayanagar Empire, Madurai Nayaks, Thanjavur Nayaks and the Thanjavur Marathas.
- Places to visit: Dhenupureeswarar Temple, Thanjavur, Nageswaran Temple
So, what are you waiting for? Make your India tour packages from Australia amazing and enjoyable with your loved ones by opting for above-mentioned places.