Out of over 20 major global cities that boast a Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, the one in Bangkok is arguably the most happening. If you are planning a Bangkok trip, the Wax Museum is a must visit even if you have already been to the one in London. No matter how many Bangkok vacations you have already taken, if you have not visited the Madame Tussauds Museum yet, it gives you good enough reason to visit again.
Everything you need to know to get there
Our Bangkok tour package will include this sightseeing option by default. Even if it is not, you must visit it. In case, you have been to Bangkok before but never managed to make it to Madame Tussauds till date, you will find this useful. The Museum is located on the sixth floor of the Siam Discovery Centre. It is open to visitors from 10:00 in the morning to 20:00 in the evening. The price is not too high compared to the hype. Each entry costs around 2,400 THB. This is roughly equal to INR 5,500. The price is lower for children. Also, by adding just INR 2,000 more you get to enjoy five adventurous fun zones.
Special things about the Bangkok Madame Tussauds
The Bangkok Madame Tussauds is not just unique for the sake of being unique. It is located inside a very uniquely designed mall. The sculptures are unique and there is that fun zone you pay a little extra for. The amount of fun you will have will totally compensate for the extra 900 THB. So, here is a brief idea about what you are looking forward to with your Bangkok holiday packages with the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum on the list.
1] Realistic Details
The Bangkok Madame Tussauds is one of South Asia’s firsts. It houses the wax statues of Asian celebrities like Jackie Chan and core Hollywood celebrities like Angelina Jolie. The statues at the Bangkok Madame Tussauds are way more lifelike compared to those in any other city. The facial expressions are more realistic than the usual “posing for a picture” kind. The body language and postures are portrayed to be in action instead of posing for a picture.
Our Pro Tip: Check out the statues of Tony Jaa and Silpa Bhirasri online to understand what I am talking about. It is a fun idea to not know what they look like and actually end up mistaking them for real live people. The Bangkok Madame Tussauds is that good as far as the details are concerned.
2] Inclusive Representation
Just like all other Madame Tussauds Wax Museums, this one too focuses on the native personalities. With a minimum of 30% representation of Asian celebrities, the Bangkok Madame Tussauds is the most diverse one. Those who are looking for Bangkok tour packages to explore the real Bangkok will find a whiff of it in the indigenous celebrity statues from South Asia.
3] The Segments
There are 70 wax statues at the Bangkok Madame Tussauds. They are categorized into 10 district zones. Here are all of the categories laid down for you so that you can find it easy to get to your favorite section right away!
- The Royal Room: This is where you will find the regal parents of King H.M., the 9th and last King of Thailand.
- Leaders: This category houses statues of leaders from all across the globe.
- History: This is where you will find the statues of Asians who rewrote History.
- Authentic History: This section is a must visit if you have taken children along. Once they know more about Madame Tussauds, they will be more interested in exploring the entire museum.
- Arts and Science: Here you will find the wax figurines of Einstein, Sunthon Phu, and Beethoven.
- Music: Meet Michael Jackson here.
- Sports: You do not want to miss out this category.
- Film: This category got a high representation from Thai and other Asian countries. We have a very lifelike in action statue of India’s own Baahubali here.
- T.V: This is where you get to sit and chat with Oprah, of course, if you can do the talking for Oprah as well.
- A-List: This is where you will find the Hollywood celebrities.
4] Interactive Figurines
The wax statues at the Bangkok Madame Tussauds are not encased in glass. Visitors can touch them, take selfies with them, and pull off poses. The statues are highly maintained despite the close proximity visitors are allowed.
What else to do
While you are at Madame Tussauds, Bangkok, you can cover some more fun places even apart from the five fun zones inside the premises of the Museum.
- The entire Siam Discovery Centre is worth exploring.
- There is an Escape Room for adventures groups of 2 to 7 to have fun to solve puzzles in. This is at Gateway, very close to the museum.
- The Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World is a must visit when you are at the Siam Discovery Centre. It is in the basement. The aquarium is fascinating for children and adults alike.
- You can get to the location by train, bus, or taxi. Get to the BTS Siam station and enjoy your day.
So Guys! It’s high time you took a unique break from all your endless deadlines of your office work and scampered over for Bangkok Madame Tussauds Museum right away with our Thailand tour packages.